Friday 18 January 2019

EHIC and Brexit (an open letter)

(I've just sent this email to the feedback address for the NHS EHIC process. #peoplesvote)
 
To whom it may concern,

I have just renewed my son's EHIC and found the process quick and painless which is good.

However i note that the letter which accompanies the new card does not mention the risks associated with Brexit at all. i.e Despite the printed expiry date on this card, it would presumably become totally defunct in the event of a No Deal scenario.
Whilst i can assume this is because the situation is rapidly evolving i think its important that all card holders are reminded on all possible occasions about such risks, especially as you come to rely on them.
I know my sons have needed medical treatment abroad in the past and having (or not on one occasion) this card in my possession made a significant difference in gaining access to treatment.

regards,
<Name supplied>

No comments:

Post a Comment