Thursday 27 January 2011

Day 11 - Paternity leave draws to a close

So EJ has tried to wee on me 4 times so far, we've been to church with him and he pretty much slept through in my arms. We've been for a few short walks and had the family round.
I've also re-started my karate training, my new years resolution was to do some excercise every week both for my own health but also so that i can play football or whatever EJ need. I don't want to be that couch potato dad that would pacify their kids with a games console when what they really need is a good kick around in the park. Also i'd like EJ to get into some kind of sport when he's older, nothing specific just something that keeps the excerise going before, during and after school. I think unless you pickup a sport in this way then as soon as you leave school the excise drops off and the metabolism slows.
As my paternity leave draws to a close now i am just trying to finish up as much DIY and 'todo list' jobs as possible. I'm very proud of how AGB has done during the whole pregnancy and birth but even now she is doing a wonderful job.

So soon i'll go back to work and not be involved in the daily rountine so much, but of course i'll be helping with early morning nappy changes and the early evening bath. Like AGB says (a phrase which we picked up from NCT classes) 'Everything is just a phase', so this phase is over and the next one begins.

N.b. EJ looks cutest to me when in a reclined seating position, staring back at you with a 'what is going on ?' look apon his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment