Wednesday 19 January 2011

Inspired by my brother

I've never really kept a diary so this is a first which was largely inspired by my brother's own version. Its often a bit unfashionable to clearly be copying someone else but this is just a good idea.
Three days ago i became a father for the first time, EJ (as he'll be known in this blog, another idea stolen) was born in the local hospital at 8.30am. The whole process started at about 10/11am the previous day as far as we can tell. I always thought that labour took a long time but because of this there were some kind of gaps in the middle where one could get some shut eye, no chance. AGB (my wife) did fantastically and even before the pain relief didn't do all that screaming business that you see on TV, i am so proud.
Must of all we are relieved that EJ is healthy and here with us now. Right now he likes sleep and boobs and not much else, maybe the odd bit of gentle bouncing.
Oh yeah one more thing my family have done for us is to give us a high quality but mini camcorder for my birthday after having lent us theirs' for the birth. Again a brilliant idea since its difficult to either take notes or remember important details when you've been up for a couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. wasn't just me that bought the camera your two younger sisters and I all clubbed together.

    Glad your making use of it.

    ReplyDelete